ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC34 N154
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC34/WG2 N33
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC34/WG2
Information Technology --
Document Description and Processing Languages
-- Information Presentation
|TITLE:||Requirements for Amendment 1 to DSSSL|
|STATUS:||for creating Amd1 to ISO/IEC 10179:1996|
|DISTRIBUTION:||SC34/WG2 and Liaisons|
Requirements for Amendment 1 to DSSSL
Page-model structure rules for Page-sequence
 priority: of page-region and page-region-log
It is necessary to use priority of ports of page-region. It should also be added that page-region-spec include page-region-port-spec. Use of page-spec may be specified the following page-model structure rules:
- page-spec ::=(page ( page-model-spec) )
- page-model-spec ::=(page-model ( ... page-region-spec ... ) )
- page-region-spec ::=(page-region ( ... page-region-port-spec ... ) )
- page-region-port-spec ::=(page-region-port (port-number priority: )* )
Use of priority of ports for page-region should be gotton the following results:
- The first priority content is processed and placed by the first priority port.
- The next priority contents are processed and placed by escaping higher priority results.
- The same priority contens are controled and placed by page-region-log.
Page-region-log is gotten the final result by port-organic-rule and moving-alignment-point.
Port-organic-rule is the following rules :
- port-organic-definition ::=( definition ( port-organic-rule ) )
- port-organic-rule ::=( organic-model-list )
Organic-model-list is free designed by users. Some basic model may be produced the following models:
Moving-alignment-point is free designed by users. Some principle points may be produced. Reserved points are the following points :
Moving of moving-alignment-point should be the following movings.
 with-mode and with-modeless
The with-modeless should serve as expression. The with-mode on DSSSL is useful from expression point of view. The with-mode is "case" expression or "if" of it. In fact, "default-case" or "else-if" help to "case" or "if". Thus the with-modeless is informative for users' programming.
 any-element and without-element on SDQL
What is especially important is that select of elements should be not difficult to use for users.
( *any* element-A )
( ancestor-element-A *any* element-B )
( parent-element ( *without* without-element-list ) )
ex.) any-element and without-element
( ancestor-element-A *any* ( *without* without-element-list ) element-B )
 ISO-LISP (ISLISP)
DSSSL expression should open functions to use libraries of LISP and Scheme. It is no exaggeration to say that DSSSL is a great Scheme. It is ISO-LISP, or rather Scheme. Let us attempt to expand for DSSSL expression the following functions:
- side effect
- element attribute operation
- ratio number
It is necessary to add the line-inside-area to the concept on DSSSL. DSSSL areas should be explained display-group, inline-area, attachment-area and line-inside-area for users.
The line-inside-area is expressed in alignment-point, emphasizing-mark, glyph-annotation flow object class.
 Clarify the relation with DSSSL and XSL
Extend DSSSL to contain XSL as its subset.
 Core Query Language
Core Query Language is not powerful enough to handle practical issues. It should be extend to include the following procedures.
- Procedures of List Operation [10.2.2]
- Procedures of Generic Property Operation [10.2.3]