ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34N0565
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34
Information Technology --
Document Description and Processing Languages
|TITLE:||Disposition of Comments on JTC 1/SC 34 N 537 - Document Schema Definition Language (DSDL) - Part 2: Regular-grammar-based validation (RELAX NG) - Amendment 1: Compact syntax|
|SOURCE:||Mr. James Clark|
|PROJECT:||19757-2/PDAM1: Document Schema Definition Language (DSDL) Part 2 - Regular-grammar-based validation -- RELAX NG, Amendment 1: Compact Syntax|
|PROJECT EDITOR:||Mr. James Clark|
|STATUS:||Disposition of comments|
|DISTRIBUTION:||SC34 and Liaisons|
|REFER TO:||N0523 - 2004-06-01 - Document Schema Definition Language (DSDL) - Part 2:
Regular-grammar-based validation (RELAX NG) - Amendment 1: Compact
N0537 - 2004-09-10 - Summary of Voting on JTC 1/SC 34 N 523 - Document Schema Definition Language (DSDL) - Part 2: Regular-grammar-based validation (RELAX NG) - Amendment 1: Compact syntax
Dr. James David Mason
(ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 Secretariat - Standards Council of Canada)
Crane Softwrights Ltd.
Kars, ON K0A-2E0 CANADA
Telephone: +1 613 489-0999
Facsimile: +1 613 489-0995
Network: [email protected]
1. General The document should contain more examples, particularly when it comes to section C.6 (Conformance) illustrating the 3 types of conformance. There could be also information about non-conformance messages and actions.
Rejected: examples of usage are already provided for constructs. Examples of good and bad conformance are not provided in international standards.
2. Editorial On page 5, there are two XML examples that seem to be non-well-formed; For the elements zeroOrMore , do we have two occurences here of empty elements or should the last occurence of the element in each example be rather an end-tag? One way or the other, the syntax is incorrect as stated.
(1) Annex A of the OASIS Committee specification should be added.
Rejected: Annex A of the OASIS Committee specification should be referenced in an informative note but there is no need to include the formal model in the standard itself.
(2) Introduce a mechanism for specifying the version of RELAX NG and that of the RELAX NG compact syntax.
Accepted, noting that as RELAX NG already has a version attribute the compact syntax should contain means of defining the same information. A default value of 1.0 should be assigned to the attribute.
(3) Register a media type for the RELAX NG compact syntax at IANA and mention it in this standard.
Accepted, provided the mention is made in an informative note rather than normative text.