ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34N0873
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34
Information Technology --
Document Description and Processing Languages
|TITLE:||Defect report for ISO/IEC 19757-4:2006, DSDL Part 4: NVDL|
|SOURCE:||Dr. MURATA Makoto [FAMILY Given]|
|PROJECT:||FDIS 19757-4: Information technology - Document Schema Definition Languages (DSDL) - Part 4: Namespace-based Validation Dispatching Language|
|PROJECT EDITOR:||Dr. MURATA Makoto [FAMILY Given]|
|DISTRIBUTION:||SC34 and Liaisons|
|REFER TO:||N0874b - 2007-07-04 - Ballot due ? DCOR ISO/IEC 19757-4 - Document Schema Definition Languages (DSDL) - Part 4: Namespace-based Validation Dispatching Language (NVDL)|
Dr. James David Mason
(ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 Secretariat - Standards Council of Canada)
Crane Softwrights Ltd.
Kars, ON K0A-2E0 CANADA
Telephone: +1 613 489-0999
Facsimile: +1 613 489-0995
Network: [email protected]
Defect Report on ISO/IEC 19757-4:2006, DSDL Part 4: NVDL
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)
27 May, 2007
- The schemas in Clauses 6.2, Clause 6.3, Annex A, Annex B, and Annex C.2 do not allow the nameList attribute to have more than one tokens, while Clause 7.4 requires a sequence of tokens.
- The schemas in Clause 6.3, Annex B, and Annex C.2 do not allow the omission of xml:lang, while the schemas in Clause 6.2 and Annex Ado.
- The last line of Clause 6.4.10 is a normal paragraph rather than an itemized list, since there is only one bullet.
- The 3rd line in Page 17 fails to list "case" as a name token.
- The start tag in the 7th line in Page 17 is broken.
- The value of the ns attibute in the example of Clause 7.6 is not "http://www.example.com/one" but rather "http://www.example.com/two".
- The definition of path(s) in Clause 8.2 fails to handle the case that s is an attribute section.
- The definition of elemTrans (Clause 8.2) and that of interpretations (Clause 8.4) are incorrect. First, to find actions, the mode of the current element or attribute section shall be used rather than that of the parent element section. Second, contexts are ignored for attribute sections.
- The suffix "m" is missing for "s" immediately after "s1, s2, ...," in the 3rd line of Page 22.
- Since the media type for the RELAX NG compact syntax has been registered already, "is expected to be registered" in Clause 8.7.2 is incorrect.
- The semicolon for the entity reference "amp" is missing in Annexes A, B, and C.
- A ref element <:ref name="anyURI"/> in Page 30 is mistaken, since it references to a datatype of W3C XML Schema Part 2.
- Empty schema elements (i.e., <schema> followed by </schema>) in Page 46 and Page 47 must have reject elements as children.