a follow-up to resolution 26 of its 1999
The objective of this questionnaire is to gather additional inputs directly from JTC 1 participants and technical experts, and to determine the willingness of the experts to assist in the development of innovative JTC 1 standards package to enhance interest in using JTC 1 products.
1. Your committee's number:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC
2. Your role in the committee:
3. The type of organization you are working for:
Standards development: ______
4. Today's date:
5. In your opinion, how do the standards you have worked on contribute to facilitate global ICT commerce? Check what is applicable:
______ By influencing products design
______ By influencing governmental regulations
______ By influencing professional certifications
______ By influencing other standards
______ Other, please elaborate:
6. In your organization, what is the amount (in US $) that can be spent on publications by technical personnel without prior authorization?
7. Would any of the following increase the adoption of the standards you have been working on or are working on? Please answer on a scale of 0 ("Not at all") to 5 ("A great deal"):
Embedded Advertisements Within The Electronic Document:______
Automatic Updates ($100/Year/SC for instance):______
Bundle Pricing (Both For Updates and For Entire SCs):______
Downloadable package of collections of related standards:________
CD packaged collections of related standards:________
Hypertext edition of packaged collection of related standards:______
“Timed Out” CD – Use For Short Period Of Time (No Copying) Then Invalidates
SCs To Provide Summary/Cover Of Standard As “Tickler” :______
“Value Add” CD – Standard Plus Hyperlinks To Web Sites That Contain Additional Information (Implementation, Market Share, Consortia Efforts, Training) :______
Bundling Of A Technology Family :______
Bundling To Respond To A Particular Business Need :______
Bundle Of Standards To Build Standards --- Guide 2, 2382 Series, 704, 1087, 10241, 16642, 12260, 15836 :______
Systematically Adopt Policies (Copyright) That Encourage The Authorship Of Books Promoting JTC 1 Standards :______
Shareware Concept (Get Document First Without The “Key Figures”, Pay For Document, Get Entire Standard To Implement) :______
Special Education Offer (Classroom Pricing):______
Special “Developing Country” Pricing:______
Free Copies Of Standards To Those That Produce The Content, Invite Them To Promote Its Usage/Purchase:______
Other, please elaborate:____
8. Do you have a proposal for a package listed in question 7
9. If yes, can you elaborate by specifying the standards that should be included?
10. Would you be willing to volunteer to implement the above? If yes, please give us your name and e-mail address.
11. Please let us have any further ideas or suggestion here.