ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34N0645
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34
Information Technology --
Document Description and Processing Languages
|TITLE:||Amsterdam 2005 meeting notes for CD 19756: Topic Maps -- Constraint Language|
|SOURCE:||Mr. Steve Pepper|
|PROJECT:||CD 19756: Information Technology - Topic Maps - Constraint Language (TMCL)|
|PROJECT EDITOR:||Mr. Dmitry Bogachev; Mr. Graham Moore; Ms. Mary Nishikawa|
|DISTRIBUTION:||SC34 and Liaisons|
Dr. James David Mason
(ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 Secretariat - Standards Council of Canada)
Crane Softwrights Ltd.
Kars, ON K0A-2E0 CANADA
Telephone: +1 613 489-0999
Facsimile: +1 613 489-0995
Network: [email protected]
TMCL Schema comments
- TMCL should provide ability to specify exceptions when we use "for every X" construct.
- Schema has "include" property now. Should it be in TMCL model or outside (syntax only)?
- TopicIdentification. Add constraint that only one topic should be returned.
- ScopePattern. Clarify relationship with TMDM implementation
- SchemaID. Clarify what is that. Also clarify how we find parent of a schema item.
- Clarify in schema description what is a selector and what is a constraint. For exaample, type, scope, association template are selectors. Need clear notation for expressing this as well as description in prose.
- dataType -> delete
- oneOf -> delete
oneOf -> delete
minExclusive -> looks like it is complex -> should be deleted
* . Merge Internal and External Occurrence into one structure
- OneOfSchema -> replace with topicset as property
- PlayRoleSchema -> delete otherPlayers
- Clarify meaning of a scope in schemas: is it selector or constraint?
Discussion of SchemaID -> let's have it
AssopciationSignature is too complicated, it promotes bad ontology. delete Association signature
OneOf requires additional investigation
Investigate integration with TMQL, clarify scope matching
Delete section. TMCL-Schema will have standard Topic Map-based representation. Introspection will be achievable using regular TMQL.
Notification is useful concept but current approach is too heavy.
- Topic Map Schema level
- Topic Schema + modes
- pattern + modes
It should exists at syntax level only
Replace ContextItem with expression with free variables. It is a selector.
Consider to look at message section as "return" section in TMQL.
In this case it can return XML, strings and Topic Maps
Consider to have only one type of ConflictItems with additional attributes, such as mode
- Add super-type - sub-type constraints (as constraints, not facts)
- Add uniqueness constraints for names, occurrence and associations. Example: capital should be unique
- Add reification constraints
- Ignore idea of external resources constraints.
- Add disjoint constraint.
- Investigate "Same subject" constraint
- Describe schema->model>schema transformation
- Add section "Detecting schema conflicts"
Main tasks for next draft
- Port Schemas to UML and Infoset
- Provide formal schema interpretation based on basic constraints