ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34N0537
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34
Information Technology --
Document Description and Processing Languages
|TITLE:||Summary of Voting on JTC 1/SC 34 N 523 - Document Schema Definition Language (DSDL) - Part 2: Regular-grammar-based validation (RELAX NG) - Amendment 1: Compact syntax|
|PROJECT:||19757-2/PDAM1: Document Schema Definition Language (DSDL) Part 2 - Regular-grammar-based validation -- RELAX NG, Amendment 1: Compact Syntax|
|PROJECT EDITOR:||Mr. James Clark|
|STATUS:||Summary of voting|
|ACTION:||Based on the ballot responses, this CD is APPROVED and the project status changes to 30.60. Project Editors are requested to review comments and advise the Secretariat regarding (1) the change to status 30.92 or 30.99, and (2) the next project status and anticipated date that project status will change.|
|DISTRIBUTION:||SC34 and Liaisons|
|REFER TO:||N0523b - 2004-06-01 - Ballot due 2004-09-01 - Document Schema Definition Language (DSDL) - Part 2:
Regular-grammar-based validation (RELAX NG) - Amendment 1: Compact
N0523 - 2004-06-01 - Document Schema Definition Language (DSDL) - Part 2: Regular-grammar-based validation (RELAX NG) - Amendment 1: Compact syntax
Dr. James David Mason
(ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 Secretariat - Standards Council of Canada)
Crane Softwrights Ltd.
Kars, ON K0A-2E0 CANADA
Telephone: +1 613 489-0999
Facsimile: +1 613 489-0995
Network: [email protected]
|P-Member||APPROVAL OF THE DRAFT AS PRESENTED||APPROVAL OF THE DRAFT WITH COMMENTS AS GIVEN ON THE ATTACHED||DISAPPROVAL OF THE DRAFT FOR REASONS ON THE ATTACHED||DISAPPROVAL (appropriate changes in the text will change vote to APPROVAL)||ABSTENTION (For Reasons Below)||NO RESPONSE|
|Korea, Republic of||X|
1. General The document should contain more examples, particularly when it comes to section C.6 (Conformance) illustrating the 3 types of conformance. There could be also information about non-conformance messages and actions.
2. Editorial On page 5, there are two XML examples that seem to be non-well-formed; For the elements zeroOrMore , do we have two occurences here of empty elements or should the last occurence of the element in each example be rather an end-tag? One way or the other, the syntax is incorrect as stated.
(1) Annex A of the OASIS Committee specification should be added.
(2) Introduce a mechanism for specifying the version of RELAX NG and that of the RELAX NG compact syntax.
(3) Register a media type for the RELAX NG compact syntax at IANA and mention it in this standard.