ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34N0726
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34
Information Technology --
Document Description and Processing Languages
|TITLE:||Summary of Voting on JTC 1/SC 34 N 693 - Document Schema Definition Languages (DSDL) Part 1 - Overview|
|PROJECT:||FCD 19757-1: Information technology - Document Schema Definition Languages (DSDL) - Part 1: Overview|
|PROJECT EDITOR:||Mr. Martin Bryan|
|STATUS:||Summary of voting|
|ACTION:||Based on the ballot responses, this FCD is APPROVED and the project status changes to 40.60. Project Editors are requested to review comments and advise the Secretariat regarding (1) the change to status 40.92, 40.93 or 40.99, and (2) the next project status and anticipated date that project status will change.|
|DISTRIBUTION:||SC34 and Liaisons|
|REFER TO:||N0693b-rev - 2005-12-11 - Ballot due 2006-04-11 FCD Document Schema Definition Languages (DSDL) Part 1 - Overview
N0693 - 2005-12-11 - Document Schema Definition Languages (DSDL) Part 1 - Overview
Dr. James David Mason
(ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 Secretariat - Standards Council of Canada)
Crane Softwrights Ltd.
Kars, ON K0A-2E0 CANADA
Telephone: +1 613 489-0999
Facsimile: +1 613 489-0995
Network: [email protected]
|P-Member||APPROVAL OF THE DRAFT AS PRESENTED||APPROVAL OF THE DRAFT WITH COMMENTS AS GIVEN ON THE ATTACHED||DISAPPROVAL OF THE DRAFT FOR REASONS ON THE ATTACHED||DISAPPROVAL (appropriate changes in the text will change vote to APPROVAL)||ABSTENTION (For Reasons Below)||NO RESPONSE|
|Korea, Republic of||X|
In Section 2, "Normative References", for UCS, if the year of publication is to be kept, the reference should be changed to point to the latest ISO publication date, which is 2003.
"UCS, Universal Multiple-Octet Coded Character Set (UCS), ISO/IEC 10646:2003"
Abstension for lack of experts.
(1) Use "IRI", which allows non-ASCII characters, rather than "URI", which disallows them.
(2) Reference RFC 3986 and RFC 3987 rather than RFC 2396.
(3) Reference to the third edition of XML 1.0.
(4) Reference to the second edition of W3C XML Schema.
(5) Reference to the second Edition of XML Information Set
UK approve with comment:
- The scope and foreword of the document should not duplicate information.
- The document should be reviewed to ensure that it accurately reflects changes in the roles of the separate parts in light of recent developments.